MEAS is a safe and easy way to provide fast, precise and non-invasive examination combining Traditional Chinese Medicine and technology to provide information on your physical energy, mental-emotional states, metabolism, musculoskeletal balance, autonomic nervous system, and your vital organs.
What is the Meridian Energy Analysis System? MEAS is a type of integrated diagnostic method. It has been said that modern (“Western”) diagnostic methods such as blood tests, EKGs, x-rays, ultrasounds, Cat Scans, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, nuclear medicine scans, visualization with fiberoptic scopes, etc. reveal the basis of only about 40% of the average patient’s symptoms. The other 60% is often left undefined. The MEAS helps investigate the 60% of symptoms that are often missed using conventional diagnostic techniques.
According to the changes in electric resistance from the acupuncture points, the MEAS analyzes the energy flow through each of your 12 acupuncture meridians. Twelve meridians translate into 12 paths, 12 branches, and 12 networks, which run through your body connecting your internal organs with your external body. If a meridian is not in balance, the electric resistance changes in a corresponding acupuncture point. For example, if your lung meridian is blocked (reduced flow of energy), the electric resistance in acupuncture point “Lung 4” is altered. The change, whether it be due to excess resistance or insufficient resistance, is detected by the MEAS computer. Thus the MEAS gives a rapid, reproducible assessment of each of your 12 major meridians, which in turn reflects the function of the organ (s) for which the meridian is named. The theory of the 12 meridians links your body’s internal physiological function with a specific series of points near the surface of your body.
Where do you test the twelve meridians? There are over 300 acupuncture points located on the 12 major meridians. MEAS only assesses the most important 12 “primary acupuncture points” located near your hands/wrists and ankles/feet.
What is the relationship between my meridians and my nervous system? According to TCM, your internal organs and your external body are connected by the meridians. According to Western Medicine, your internal organs and your external bodies are connected by nerves. Thus there are dual pathways (meridians and nerves) connecting the surface of your body to your internal organs.
When is the best time to take the Meridian Energy Analysis? There appears to be a close relationship between the time of day and each meridian. Because of this, it is more accurate to compare MEAS readings at a time of day similar to the previous readings. For example, if your first consultation was at 2:00 p.m., it is best to be re-checked between 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Although we schedule follow-up consultation based on many factors, the MEAS can be repeated as soon as you notice a change from any therapy, supplements, etc.
It is best not to compare MEAS reports if you are sick, drank alcohol, coffee, tea, or had just exercised or eaten 30 minutes before the test. While the information may be useful for that situation, it might be difficult to see a trend unless your MEAS is repeated under the same general conditions.
Features of the MEAS equipment.
For what does Dr. Kaslow use the MEAS?